Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Deja Vu

http://cloudking.com/artists/joel-biroco/works/deja-vu_large.jpg

Deja Vu has to be one of the most enigmatic experiences to human beings. Long existing, and long investigated, deja vu remains unexplained by science.

Although there are many ideas as to what it may be, the "most likely candidate is that deja vu is an anomaly of memory; it is the impression that an experience is "being recalled" which is false. This is substantiated to an extent by the fact that in most cases the sense of "recollection" at the time is strong, but any circumstances of the "previous" experience (when, where and how the earlier experience occurred) are quite uncertain"/1. I am, however, of the 'romantic' belief that deja vu may be precognition, not going so far as calling it prophecy - imagine, The Prophet Vicz.

I choose to write of this because today, around 1pm, I was in "La Sirena" - a department store in La Mella - and I had a deja vu. I remembered having seen what happened today years ago at bedtime, and at that moment years ago, thinking that It was strange that I was in a department store with two women I had not at the moment met. But it did happen. I was indeed in a store with two women I met recently - both whom I adore.

So, precognition or not, having that deja vu at least reminded me of one thing; you never really know through which paths life will lead you. We have a saying in Dominican Republic, not near as nice or positive as my previous sentence. It's short and sweet: "No escupas pa' 'riba", meaning don't spit upwards. You take your pick.

1/wikipedia.org, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deja_vu

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We feel very happy to have become a part of your inspiration to write on your blog, it's amazing that u actually manage to create something special out of such an ordinary experience, like stealing time out of work.

Thank U,
Elkish & Vatica

October 25, 2005 4:25 PM  
Blogger anonymous said...

A mi me dan deja vu a cada rato, pero that's because im crazy.

October 25, 2005 10:38 PM  
Blogger Teacher Yorch said...

uuu who be these two women

i have not been briefed on this matter

bank people i for sure bet. ok i went yoda on you there.

Deja Vu for me is that same thing ... you get glimpses of the future. Happened the other day to me, but it sorta backfired cause i was like ... NOW THIS IS GONNA HAPPEN! and nothing...

October 25, 2005 11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

George: See first comment for answer.. jejeje

October 26, 2005 12:00 AM  
Blogger Manu Under Her Skirt said...

El viejo Vicz(da olnouin). Yo creo fuertemente en los deja vu, digan lo que digan significan algo que nadie se ha encargado de decirnos que son de verdad. Pero algún día espero que el carajo que se lo inventó me lo explique bien.

Te vi!

October 30, 2005 12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hey en matrix eplican lo ke e un deja vu!!!

y hau un Motel en La Romana ke se llama Deja Vue, asi mimo CON TO Y E, como ke tal parece no supien como ekribilo bien

November 01, 2005 9:15 AM  
Blogger Vicz said...

Jose, , just cuz its your birthday I wont trash you...

Happy B-day, buddy!

November 02, 2005 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home