Friday, October 28, 2005

Of Staples and Paper Shredders

www.wmdshred.com

About 5 years, 4 months, and 2 days ago I started at my actual place of work. My first tasks involved removing staples, just that, staple removal. This was because the documents that were stapled together were to be processed in a high capacity scanner in order to digitize archives.

Though not very fulfilling, my work allowed me to get acquainted with staplers and staple removers, paper shredders, and a myriad of other exciting office equipment - don't get me started on the guillotine. Today it was required of me to use those "powers" once more - damn.

We were clearing space by shredding old forms and useless letters. Needless to say my skills did come in handy. But I noticed one very important thing: my powers are diminished now. I am so much slower it's not even funny.

However, I also noticed another new skill. Just like blind men realize their hearing improves over time after losing their sight, I understood I can bullsh*t my way out of things a lot faster. I spent the morning shredding stuff and removing staples at a slower rate, which in turn allowed me to cunningly evade some backed up things with that excuse!

So, two lessons: one, you never lose something without getting another back, and, two, removing staples sucks - as do paper cuts (**OW!!!**).

PS. Hope the weather in Europe is good enough to travel through! :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Teacher Yorch said...

hahaha yea! pero no especificastes que despues era PONER grapas!

who be in Europe?

so ... hahaha ... damn blows dude ... 5 years and staple duty again

October 29, 2005 9:25 PM  
Blogger Manu Under Her Skirt said...

Mr. All-knowing. Yo creo que es muy cierto eso de que no pierdas algo sin antes haber ganado otra cosa.

The weather in Europe, depends.

October 30, 2005 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

papa mete baina en el shredder e lo madsimo men!!!! trata de mete una calculadora porai dentro!!!

November 01, 2005 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home