Thursday, November 24, 2005

Quotes on opportunity


When I was writing my thesis on a solution for the free zone lack of competitivity I looked up several quotes about opportunity to include as a cover page. Here are the ones I agreed with the most.

What about you?


"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
-Thomas A. Edison

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson

"It's choice - not chance - that determines your destiny."
-Jean Nidetch

"In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind."
-Louis Pasteur (1822 - 1895), lecture 1854

"When written in Chinese, the word 'crisis' is composed of two characters - one represents danger, and the other represents opportunity."
- Saul David Alinsky

"This American system of ours . . . call it Americanism, call it capitalism, call it what you like, gives to each and every one of us a great opportunity if we only seize it with both hands and make the most of it."
- Al Capone (1899-1947), U.S. Gangster

"Be ready when opportunity comes...Luck is the time when preparation and opportunity meet."
- Roy D. Chapin, Jr.

4 Comments:

Blogger anonymous said...

"It's choice - not chance - that determines your destiny."
-Jean Nidetche

loved this one... eso e asi.

November 24, 2005 5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

VERY NICE.

I MUST SAY I'M GLAD U FIND THE TIME TO MAKE ME THINK OF SUCH AN IMPORTANT THING AS OPPORTUNITY. I THINK I'M IN PERFECT TIMING TO TAKE ONE.

THANKS AGAIN

November 25, 2005 9:11 PM  
Blogger DpR said...

Nice Post... All those quotes are truth, they´re a real inspiration...

December 07, 2005 12:26 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

good quotes! overalls and looks like work, lol!

January 30, 2006 12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home